You have no items in your shopping cart.
(Out of Print)
|Intermediate and Advanced: Adult|
Help your adult ESL students avoid
embarrassment with Dangerous English 2000!
ESL students need to know terms
that are not covered in their classroom text books.
- Intimate parts and functions of the human body
- Sex and bathroom use
- Races, religions, and ethnic groups
- Politically correct and politically incorrect ideas
Help English language learners avoid :
- dangerous pronunciation embarrassments
- sexual harassment
- non-verbal taboos
- dangerous racial slurs
- politically incorrect terms
- dangerous double meanings of common words
Help English language learners distinguish registers of English words
English language learners need to know terms to use
when they go to their family doctor or gynecologist, urologist, and pharmacist.
ELLs need to know where they can use, and where they should not use
- formal terms, medical and anatomical words
- common informal terms
- slang terms
- children’s words
- vulgar terms
Terms are explained through pictures, easy English, and sample sentences.
- ethnic and religious term: correct and offensive
- words for undergarments and sanitary supplies
- words for STD prevention and birth control
Dangerous English 2000! is an indispensable guide
for language learners and others
Intermediate ESL levels and up, age 18 and up.
NOTE: Dangerous English 2000! is explicit.
It isn’t called Dangerous English for nothing!
- classes of consenting English-language learning adults
- for individual study
- for reference
Not recommended for classroom use with students under 18.
Teacher Tips for working with Dangerous English 2000!
To avoid complications, embarrassment, and getting fired:
- separate your students along gender lines.
- teach the students of your own gender
- have an opposite sex teacher teach the other half of your class
- get clearance from your immediate supervisor.
Dangerous English 2000! is the "book that disappears most frequently"
from an ESL teacher's reference library, so
Order more than one desk copy.
Take orders so your students can buy their own copies,
or send them to this website.
Dangerous English 2000!
|Recommended for Ages||18 years old and up|
|Recommended for English Level||intermediate ESL levels and up|